ICPO - The Six Commandments
1. Multidisciplinary high quality research in major cancers of the country with special reference to cancers of uterine cervix, breast and oral cavity.
2. To promote clinico-epidemiological cancer research to determine social, environmental and genetic factors underlying the high prevalence of these cancers in the country.
3. Undertake research for the development of preventive and therapeutic approaches for cost-effective management of cancer and their implementation in the hospital / community settings.
4. Community intervention studies for major cancers through health system research with emphasis on primary and secondary prevention.
5. Augment human resource development in various specialties of oncology through formal and informal training courses and related academic programs.
6. To provide specialized diagnostic referral services.