|HEALTH PROMOTION CLINIC|
The health promotion clinic was started in Feb 2014 at ICPO. It functions in the OPD rooms situated in the clinical oncology wing, ground floor.The timing of the clinic is from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm from Monday to Friday.
|Objectives of the clinic:|
1. To screen for preventable cancers like oral, breast and cervix.
2. To evaluate the screen positive individuals for confirmation of precancer/cancer.
3. Referral of appropriate patients to the tertiary care centre who require further evaluation and treatment.
|Activities carried out at health promotion clinic:|
1. Recording demographic parameters.
2. Anthropometric measurements which includes height, weight and BMI
3. General physical examination
4. Oral examination with naked eye
5. Breast examination of female patients
6. Complete gynecological examination including Pap smear of women above 30 years.
7. Symptomatic treatment
8. Counseling regarding diet and risk factors of cancer
9. Referral of appropriate patients to the tertiary care centre who require further evaluation and treatment.
|Collaboration with AIIMS, New Delhi|
- Breast clinic on every Friday in collaboration with Department of Surgery, AIIMS.
Women who are diagnosed to have lumps/nipple discharge will undergo cytology at ICPO and are subsequently followed up in the breast clinic by surgeons from AIIMS. Women, in whom surgery is indicated, are invited to attend surgery OPD at AIIMS and are operated without any delay or long waiting period.
- Oncology clinic on every Monday in collaboration with Department of Radiotherapy, AIIMS.
Individuals diagnosed with frank cancers are seen by faculty of Radiotherapy department, AIIMS. Based on the type of cancer, they are called to attend respective OPDs at Institute Rotary Cancer Hospital, AIIMS.